Saturday, September 22, 2012

Lost in Elbert County......




......and loving every *backroad* mile of it!

 I never cease to be amazed at how scenic -- and historic-- rural Georgia is, and never tire of exploring (and hopefully pickin') areas I haven't traveled through yet.


Somewhere in Elbert County is the charming little town of Bowman - which has a half dozen antique stores and really friendly folks. (If you get out that way be sure to stop in Frog Hollow and visit my new friend Lera - she has very cool stuff!)


I truly was lost after leaving Bowman and was just following the setting sun home when I came across Jimmy Poss's place in Carlton (did a previous post on it)

  I've been trying to get back to his cool shop for a few years.....and there I was!

Had a great time catching up and looking through his vast treasure trove of architectural goodies again!




Found some great stuff on this trip (it's about time!) and even made it home before dark.

5 comments:

countrycharisma said...

Looks like a great trip. Love your photos. How do you stop often enough to take such great shots? The long horn is awesome, and the old buildings could tell all kinds of stories. Still trying to work it out for Bella Rustica.

Anonymous said...

We love our drives in the country along Tennessee roads too....go see where we've been in a new brochure....www.americanantiquetrail.com
Mel's Designs 'n Harmony
www.cabinfever228.blogspot.com
is my blog.

A Wild Thing said...

I am just needing a road trip so bad...but draggin the girls and Scratchy along with, just doesn't sound like a barrel o fun...know any chicken sitters...besides the freezer...ha!

s

Melissa said...

Looks like such a fun trip filled with good stuff. I always want to pull over and explore in old buildings, but am afraid of getting in trouble. That and snakes and other critters that wanna eat me...

Sea Witch said...

Don't you just love Bowman? My new favorite place to go when I want to meander rural Georgia. You had a lovely day to do so and just the meandering is so good for the soul. My honey and I are already planning our apples and antiques tour in about 4 weeks. Can't wait