Thursday, April 14, 2011

Backroads wandering to Hogansville......part 2.....Born Again Antiques

As previously mentioned, I have discovered a cool shop in downtown Hogansville, owned by Allan and BJ Boyer (above), called Born Again Antiques.
It's a refreshing rarity to find such a cool shop that is: a) not a mall b) not a museum c) owned by special people, who are actually THERE in the store to work with you and d) filled with the unique, interesting, and (most importantly) RUSTY vintage stuff that reflects the fact that the owners 'get it' regarding what is currently in demand!
Allan and BJ have just about everything I look for in my work, from architectural......
....to industrial.....
.....to vintage hardware and awesome lighting.....
....to garden.........I love this cool piece Allan is holding, which may have been on a house, but would be so cool in the garden.


Allan has such a great talent for turning unique objects into the coolest lamps! (Can't wait to get back soon and pick up my lamps!)
And I LOVE everything BJ creates, like this great collaged piece below........
....and her unique birdhouses.........and this fun collaged cart made from a dresser drawer, rocking chair and old buggy wheels---LOVE IT!

They have so many great treasures....like this old file cabinet and this awesome industrial table.....
.....and industrial lamps and lights....

I get lost for hours looking through the amazing collection of hardware they have.
The day I was there, movie prop buyers were in the store (how can I get a job like
THAT????) There are so many movies being made in Georgia these days that I see buyers everywhere I go. (I REALLY think they need more help, don't you??)


This cool shop is certainly the place to find unique and unusual treasures.....just don't forget to leave a few for me!!!

11 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Wow! That's a lot of stuff for a single shop!
Yeah. If you get a job shopping for movie props, recommend this little Alabama girl. I'm not that far away. Everything can't possibly be located in Georgia! LOL

Unknown said...

Nancy, Cool store and thanx for sharing...may have to take a road trip to check this shop out! Your pics were great...actually saw some things that I would love! Too psyched about you getting in on the Country Living Mkt in Oct. TOO COOL!
Visit my blog and go vote for my egg over at The Altered Paper. Tiff

time worn interiors said...

I remember this couple from the old Lakewood! They used to set up in our building, very talented couple! Oh, how I miss old Lakewood!
Theresa
aka:tot

Gracie's Cottage said...

Whoa; what a great shop!
I may have to turn around and go back to Georgia...

Jan

d e l i g h t said...

Looks like just the store for you! Wish I lived closer...could spend HOURS in a shop like that.
Linda

bikim said...

so many pretty things pretty!
Take care,
Rosa

Style Studio said...

love that store! So many things I would by to put in mine-thanks for sharing-love your blog!

A Wild Thing said...

Were you hyperventilating...you know you were...SWEET!!!

s

Gilder said...

Great post...thanks! Hogansville is a really cool town. You can spend a whole weekend looking through all the shops. If you go on a Thurs, Fri, or Sat, have lunch at the Grand Hotel (stay tuned - their restaurant & bar could be opening soon). When in town you should also check out the outdoor amphitheater, next to the elementary school on Main St. Drive around the school to the parking area, and don't miss the old tower that looks like Rapunzel's castle. The town is about to start phase 2 of a walking trail around the tower. And in July each year, they do the West Georgia Idol competition in the outdoor amphitheater. They had some really good singers last year.

Curtains in My Tree said...

Love the looks of that old house set back . I have always wanted an old house to l fix up and live in.

You had fun I can tell

Hello Vintage said...

Wow! Would love to be 'let loose' in there!