Saturday, April 24, 2010

Road Trip to Kentucky and Tennessee.....Blue Moon


First stop on our 3 day trip was to get some architectural pieces from Andrew Garcia, owner of Blue Moon Antique Market in Franklin, KY.

He has a great selection of doors, windows, shutters, hardware, moldings, columns etc., at really affordable prices--well worth the trip! He also has unique stuff like these fabulous 9' window/green shutter frames, cathedral windows, and other totally cool architectural treasures-also very affordable.


Franklin is only a short drive north of Nashville, and I wish I had brought a trailer, so I could bring home more stuff! (I am finding that as much as I love my truck, it was easier to load a van, and I swear I can get more stuff in a van, with a lot less trouble)




Be sure to give Andrew a call if you are in that area--he is very nice and will give you good deals!


10 comments:

Joni said...

I will have to make a note of it. I went right by Franklin last week and will go that way again in a couple more weeks.

Annesphamily said...

What a beautiful post! It pays to get to know good people. Sometime antique shops can have such snobby people working in them. I wish I lived close by as would definetly make the journey to this lovely store. Thanks for sharing with me today. Hugs Anne

House and Garden Boutique said...

Looks like he has some beautiful pieces......really like the columns! Thanks for sharing!

nancarts said...

Found your blog from My Desert Cottage. I love, love, love all the old stuff! Georgia has some fantastic old homes! Went to Sandersville one summer and just loved the little town. I am a Floridian..grew up on the southeast coast...and loved it. I am a beach person! Your pics are great! A real eye full.
Come by and visit me soon.
Smiles and Blessings,
Nancy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I'd love shopping here...great architectural stuff!

Debby said...

I love this post, so many wonderful places.
Debby

Dumpster Decorators said...

I love columns no matter how many we have I still enjoy seeing more. Looks like a place we would like

Shell said...

Too fun! I want the columns! Thanks for Sharing!

(I'm having a giveaway on my blog through the 1st of May,,,when you have time, stop by and enter!)

Hugs,
Shell

sandra said...

Hi Nancy,
Love those gorgeous old columns, and that huge corbel is so beautiful....can't wait to see what you do with that. It was so good to see you in Nashville Friday...I know you found lots of goodies!
Hugs,
Sandra

A said...

Great post & love love love the photos. Your blog is like a breath of fresh air :-)